The dog days of summer…. the “I’m boreddddd” exclamation…. they want to play outside but its too hot, they want to play inside but they’ve exhausted all of their toys…. what is a parent to do?
Check out our top 10 boredom busters for kids!
1. The easiest solution for parents is to simply sign up for WFC’s summer day camp, where campers will participate in theme-based enrichment activities amongst peers and visit the pool multiple times during the week! Registration is available week-by-week throughout the summer for your convenience.
2. With about 4 ingredients and a few zipper baggies, the kids can make this Sidewalk Foam Paint!
3. Kids and adults both love Minute To Win It games! They are hilarious and usually don’t require a ton of time or supplies.
4. This DIY Shoe Box Doll House is great for any child! I think LEGO people would especially find it to be a comfortable dwelling.
5. Glow In The Dark Capture The Flag is sure to be a hit on those warm summer nights!
6. Tie Dye Pillow Cases (or shirts, beach towels, sheets, whatever!) are a favorite summertime activity!
7. Frosting + Powdered Sugar = Ice Cream Play Dough?! It’s true! Find the recipe here.
8. How about some Boredom Buster Bingo?! Color in at least one square per day for long-lasting fun!
10. When all else fails, get them in the kitchen with 100 Crazy Easy Recipes for Kids! Kids love cooking and it can even help them develop an interest in trying new foods!